Greetings from the Shipping Department! We hope that you’ll find all of the shipping related information you need here—if not, feel free to contact us with any further questions.
How do you ship orders?
How long will it take to get my order?
How much will shipping cost?
What about international shipping?
A special note on Brazil.
Why do you need my full address including email?
- Parts orders (orders without kits) destined for the United States ship US Post 1st class. The chart below is fairly accurate for their expected delivery times. The cost is $2.50--delivery times vary from 2 to 6 days. Priority Mail is available for $5.95--delivery times vary from 1 to 3 days. International parts orders ship US Post Air Mail. The cost is $3.50 and delivery times vary from one week to one month, depending on distance.
- Orders for kits that are to be shipped to the contiguous United States go UPS ground. Orders to PO Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico go US Post Priority Mail. The charge for either of these services is the same: $8.95 for the first kit, $3.00 for each additional kit. See the chart below for expected delivery times.
- Orders for kits that are to be shipped to Canada ship via US Post Air Mail. The cost is $8.95, same as in the US. We find that this service takes about a week to the eastern part of Canada, and can take close to two weeks to the western part of Canada. Unfortunately tracking is not available, though the service is generally reliable.
- Orders for kits that are shipping outside of the US or Canada ship via US Post Global Priority Mail. This service can take anywhere from one week to one month, so please be patient! The cost is $15, and shipping is at your own risk. The US Post offers neither insurance nor tracking on these shipments. We could use UPS/DHL/FedEx, but the cost of shipping would be more than the cost of a kit. If you have a better suggestion, please let us know.
- Please note that this chart represent business days in transit—sorry folks, Saturday and Sunday don’t count!
- Orders are generally (99.9% of the time) processed one business day after they are received—i.e. orders placed Monday go out on Tuesday, and orders placed Friday, Saturday, or Sunday go out on Monday.
- Orders to Canada are generally 1-2 weeks in transit, depending on location.
- Orders to the rest of the world take anywhere from one week to one month, again depending on location.
Tracking is only available on orders that ship via US Post Priority Mail or UPS. There is no tracking available on international shipments. If your order is shipping via UPS or Priority Mail, they will email you a tracking number when your order ships.
- We’re happy to ship to most any country via US Post Global Priority Mail. That said, international shipping is at your own risk. The US Post offers neither insurance nor tracking on these shipments. We could use UPS/DHL/FedEx, but the cost of shipping would be more than the cost of a kit. If you have a better idea of how to ship internationally, please let us know.
- Please be aware that the receiver is responsible for any and all customs and duty charges incurred on a shipment. Customs rules and regulations vary widely between countries. Also, even if the package is marked as a gift, there is a good chance customs will be applied based on the value of the package.
- We find that international orders take anywhere from one week to one month to arrive. They leave the US within a few days, the big hold up seems to be clearing customs, so please be patient. If there is a shop that carries Denise needles in your part of the world, we encourage you to check with them first before ordering from us.
As of July 2008 we have stopped shipping kit orders to Brazil. Apologies to all of our Brazilian friends! Apparently there was a postal strike recently, and we had several kits go missing on their way to their destinations. We can still ship parts orders to Brazil, as they are lighter than kits and do not have to go through customs, but for the time being we will no longer ship kits to Brazil. Brazilian customers are welcome to contact us with suggestions as to how to successfully get kits to Brazil without using the Post.
- Please note that your full address is crucial for successful delivery! If you give us an incomplete shipping address, UPS will charge us a $10.00 “Address Correction Fee.” Examples of incomplete addresses include leaving out apartment or unit numbers, not specifying a department or floor for delivery, and not indicating whether you live on Maple St. or Maple Ave. We reserve the right to forward that $8.00 charge to you. Please double check your address when you receive your order confirmation and let us know right away if anything needs changing. Really, UPS just loves hitting us with that $10 fee, so please, please give us your full address.
- As far as email addresses go, we only need them for sending you an order confirmation and making sure UPS or the US Post sends you a tracking number. We won’t use them for anything else—promise!
- Your privacy is important to us! We will never rent, sell, or share your information with anyone. We don’t like junk emails or phone calls any more than you do! Unless you sign up for our email mailing list, the only emails you will ever get from us are an order confirmation and a tracking number. That’s it. No junk, no spam. We also don’t keep credit card numbers on file, so please bear with us as we ask for that information again on any orders you might place after your first order.