What would you like to learn about?
Knitting Needle Kit
About the Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needle Kit
- Sizes #5-15 US (3.75-10mm)
- Makes circular lengths from 17" to 58"
- Makes flexible straight needles as well
- Any cord easily becomes a stitch holder
- Compact 7″ × 8.5″ case for easy organization
- Airline safe and travel friendly
- Entirely made in the USA
- All knitting parts guaranteed for life
- Extra long cords and size #17 & #19 needles are now available separately
…or read testimonials from happy knitters
…or read a review by Amy Singer of knitty.com
…or discover some of the unique knitting methods possible with Denise needles.
Relax… We’re all here.
Needle sizes: Ten pairs of light gray needle heads in each kit.
New size #17 (12mm) and size #19 (15mm) available separately.
When you discover your gauge calls for a needle one size larger or smaller than you planned, with the flexibility of Denise Interchangeable Needles, you’ll always have the right size ready.
Cord and needle lengths — Circular and Straight.
The cord lengths that come in the kit are:
- 5", 9", 12", 14", 16", 19"
By joining the Interchangeable Needle heads to the flexible cords, and by combining different length cords together, each of the ten needle pairs can make:
Straight needle lengths:
- 9”, 13", 16”, 20”, 30”, 34”
Circular needle lengths:
- 17”, 20", 22”, 24”, 26”, 28”, 33”, 40”, 50”, 58”
Denise needles are ideal for large or small knitting projects. Click here to see more unique uses for Denise needles.
Create interesting texture in your knitting by using two vastly different needle sizes (#7 and #15, for example) on opposite ends of a circular needle, or on two different straight needles. Or, if you knit tightly (or just want to speed up your knitting), knit with ease (and speed!) by replacing the left hand needle head with one that’s a size or two smaller than the right hand needle head. Your stitches will slide easily off the left hand needle and your gauge will be unaffected because it is entirely determined by the right hand needle that you’re knitting on to. Knit easy and quick—knit happy! Click here to see more unique uses for Denise needles.
Every cord in each kit easily becomes a stitch holder. There’s no need to move your knitting to a different stitch holder when you’re knitting with Denise. Leave your knitting in place. Simply detach the Interchangeable Needle head and replace it with one of the four end buttons included in each kit. Your knitting is held safely and securely in place.
Comfortable to use
No more tired wrists or knocking needle ends.
- Flexible cords mean you always keep the weight of even the largest projects in your lap, not bunched up heavily on your needle.
- Flexible cords also mean you can knit comfortably in seats with arms, or in tight quarters such as on an airplane.
- For knitters with hand or wrist problems, a straightened paperclip can be inserted through the cord tips and used as a lever to gently and easily lock or unlock knitting parts with next to no gripping pressure required.
Neat and orderly
It’s all there when you need it.
- The compact, sturdy case (7” by 8 ½”) holds all the needles, cords, extenders and buttons securely in one place.
- Needles and parts always have a home to return to, so no more tangle of needles or searching for lost stitch holders.
Innovative connection, flexible and durable
A patented, unique, smooth and durable connection
- Denise Interchangeable Needles and parts easily and securely “lock” into place by twisting ¼ turn.
- Other companies’ connections screw together, and since a screw works by turning, the natural turning of knitting can unscrew the connection.
- Denise knitters commonly report using kits that are 15-20 years old and still going strong!
Relax while traveling with your knitting.
- Some knitting needles are not allowed through airport security.
- Denise needle heads are shorter than a pen and made of resin.
- With the included end buttons, you can disassemble a circular needle and keep your knitting in place until you’re comfortably seated on the plane.
- Denise knitters are reporting no problems passing with them through security checks at airports. Here is the official FAA policy.
About the Denise Interchangeable Crochet Hook Kit
Kits come with:
- 12 individual hooks, sizes F5 (3.75mm) to 19 (15mm)
- 7 cord lengths, 2 each 3" and 5", plus 1 each 9", 12" and 16"
- Four end buttons
- Two extenders
- Detailed Tunisian Crochet instructions courtesy of Interweave Press
Entirely interchangeable with all of our knitting parts.
Afghan/Tunisian hooks from 8-37" can be made using different combinations of cords in the kit.
30", 40", and 52" cords are available separately to expand the possibilities even farther.
Hooks are also available individually. Order extras to make double-ended crochet hooks or as an addition to your Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needle kit. Hooks can also be used as stand alone traditional crochet hooks.
Many, many knitting applications (button bands, necklines, cast-ons and bind-offs…).
Add crochet to your knitting or knitting to your crochet. Expand your fibercrafting horizons!
Right click on any of the images for larger pictures….
About the Denise Organizer
Carry your extra Denise parts plus all the knitting essentials in one perfectly organized fabric case.
Two snap-in pages that are sturdy enough to be removed and taken with you for traveling light—to a knitting class, at the dentist, or on the subway. Everything zips shut for secure storage, and is sized just right for all the tools you need to have with you—stitch markers, scissors, measuring tape, whatever you want. The pockets in the inside covers are divided for easy organization of needles and hooks. All pockets have heavy duty fabric backings and extra-sturdy see-through vinyl fronts so you can always see where your stuff is.
They’re big enough to hold a whole Denise kit (plus more), yet small enough to be unobtrusive. 100% made in the USA and designed and built to last a lifetime, the new Organizers are 7.5″ × 10.5″ and available in four colors: Royal Blue, Forest Green, Brick Red, and Charcoal Gray. See which one you like best and check if your Local Yarn Shop has them in stock, or Order Online.